Tuesday, October 14, 2014

The Delivery Man

“It’s a scam. Don’t click it.”

“But what if it’s not? Imagine what I’d be missing out on…”

“I’ll tell you what you’d be missing out on: a virus in your computer, that’s what.”

“I don’t care about this old computer; I’ve been meaning to get a new one anyway.”

“And… great. You’ve clicked it and now have a virus in your computer. Good work…”

The lights go off.


“Umm… what just happened?”

“I have no idea, power outage? It is storming.”

“No, not the power. Look.”

“That ads still running…”

“Yeah, I know. It says…”

“Congrats! You’ve won the three million!”

“Who just said that? Did it come from your speakers?”

 “No. My speakers are off.”

“Well then-”

“Here you are.”

Hundreds of bills suddenly fall into his hands, released by a cold hand.

“Who is that?”

“Delivery Man. Delivering your three million sir.”

The lights return.


“What was that?”

“I have no idea. Is this a joke or something?”

“I didn’t do it. Who was that third guy?”

“No idea. That was weird.”

“Wait, is that real money?”

“Yeah, I think so…”

“This is actually three million dollars! Where did this come from?”

“Your guess is as good as mine, but let’s spend it-”

The computer beeps loudly before they can leave.

“What was that?”

“The computer.”

“What’s it say?”

“The Delivery Man will be back later for his payment…”

“His payment?”

“I don’t know dude… let’s just go, we have three million dollars!”

The two men leave the room, never noticing the eyeless creature sitting behind them the whole time, wearing a blue uniform with a name tag: The Delivery Man.

No comments:

Post a Comment